This year at Mullion Nursery we are focusing on the importance of a healthy diet and fitness for all the family. Following the success of Nippers Nutrition and Nippers pilot schemes, this year we are part of Cornwall Council’s “Healthy Under 5s” programme promoting a healthy lifestyle and supporting families.
Follow us on social media to receive regular updates and event information and look out for healthy recipe ideas to try at home!
We have lots of physical sessions planned both indoors and outdoors including new Sports Club activity sessions on Wednesday mornings 10:30 – 11:15 in the Chapel Hall. Local families with pre-school age children are welcome to join us.
We have been awarded a Level 2 certificate recognising our high standards of food (prepared by the Crafty Slice cafe in Mullion), physical activity through our outdoor play provision (free flowing indoor/outdoor), promotion of dental health, accident prevention, emotional health & wellbeing.
Nippers Pilot Scheme
Having achieved Level 2 status for Nippers’ Nutrition, Mullion Nursery was invited to participate in a “Nippers” pilot scheme in which we gave our feedback, reviews and suggestions in preparation for the launch of the new programme.
- Offering improved quality and variety of meals/snacks
- Menu ingredients allergy referenced with the support of Crafty Slice
- Encouraging good eating habits and social interaction during meal/snack times
- Consulting and informing parents in relation to healthy eating awareness within our newsletters
- Staff training/information sessions
- Oral health improvement advice
- Encouraging more physical activities; yoga, rugby tots, dance and movement
- Sharing recipes for parents to try