This year at Mullion Nursery we are focusing on the importance of a healthy diet and fitness for all the family.
Look out for healthy recipe ideas to try at home! Follow us on social media to receive regular updates and event information:
We have lots of physical sessions planned both indoors and outdoors including new sports activity sessions on Wednesday mornings 10:30 – 11:15 in the Chapel Hall.
We have been awarded a Level 2 certificate recognising our high standards of food (prepared by the Crafty Slice cafe in Mullion), physical activity through our outdoor play provision (free flowing indoor/outdoor), promotion of dental health, accident prevention, emotional health & wellbeing.
For further information about measles, please visit
Nippers Pilot Scheme
Having achieved Level 2 status for Nippers’ Nutrition, Mullion Nursery was invited to participate in a “Nippers” pilot scheme in which we gave our feedback, reviews and suggestions in preparation for the launch of the new programme.
- Offering improved quality and variety of meals/snacks
- Menu ingredients allergy referenced with the support of Crafty Slice
- Encouraging good eating habits and social interaction during meal/snack times
- Consulting and informing parents in relation to healthy eating awareness within our newsletters
- Staff training/information sessions
- Oral health improvement advice
- Encouraging more physical activities; yoga, rugby tots, dance and movement
- Sharing recipes for parents to try